IUMAS-6 technical programming will be diverse:
- Pre-meeting Short Courses will be offered on Saturday, August 2, with intensive overviews of a wide variety of microanalysis techniques, taught by world-renowned experts in their fields.
- An Opening Ceremony and IUMAS plenary session will take place on Sunday, August 3, featuring overviews by leading researchers of the state-of-the-art in several key areas of microanalysis.
- Monday, August 4 will feature the plenary session for all M&M participants, and featuring keynote presentations as well as Awards presentations, including IUMAS Student Awards.
- Monday noon through early Thursday afternoon features the core M&M programming, with the exhibition hall open and parallel technical sessions on microscopy and microanalysis Instrumentation and Techniques, as well as Applications in the Physical and Biological Sciences. Each day will feature three or more parallel sessions with content tailored to IUMAS delegates, while six or more additional parallel sessions will allow delegates to pick and choose from among presentations in a host of related topical areas.
- IUMAS-6 will close with a Closing Ceremony late Thursday afternoon.