EBSD 2016 Overview
Welcome to the home page for EBSD 2016, the 5th topical conference (TC) of the Microanalysis Society (MAS) in a series on electron backscattered diffraction. This is the first year it will be held at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL on May 24-26th, 2016. EBSD 2016 will be an opportunity for all practitioners of EBSD, from newcomers to seasoned professionals, to learn about the latest technical advances and share their research results.
The first day is dedicated to a detailed overview tutorial that covers the principles and practice of EBSD and includes hands-on sessions for new users as well as EBSD vendor demos for registered attendees. Subsequent days will consist of invited and contributed talks as well as a contributed poster session.
WELCOME! PLEASE SEE THE LATEST UPDATES BELOW!
- The meeting is now full. If you are still interested in attending, please e-mail Prof. Luke Brewer to be put on the wait-list.
- The technical program is now available--go to the Program page or click here.
- The technical program book (with all abstracts) is now available--got to the Program page or click here.
- Please fill out the pre-meeting survey so that we can account for rides from the airport, special meal requirements, and interest in tutorials.
- The abstract deadline has passed, please e-mail Prof. Luke Brewer if you still wish to present a poster.
- For those who are using the dormitory rooms or need to purchase extra meals, please click here to pay for these items.
- Organizing Committee
- Luke Brewer - University of Alabama
- Elena Miranda - California State University - Northridge
- Whitney Behr - University of Texas
- Yoosuf Picard - Carnegie Mellon University
- Rich Martens - University of Alabama
- Joseph Michael - Sandia National Laboratories